As your child’s counselor, my goal is to help him/her develop positive feelings of self as well as to begin learning the problem-solving skills necessary to be effective citizens and make good choices in today's world.
What do elementary school counselors do?
- Work with individuals and groups
- Help identify needs of students
- Encourage better interpersonal relationships
- Promote positive attitudes and choices
- Aid teachers and parents in helping students
- Assist people in making use of community resources
- Coordinate efforts with other school programs and testing
- Assist students with the process of growing up
- Coordinate referrals to outside agencies
- Assist with in-service programs for faculty
- Participate in curriculum development
- Provide "preventative" services
- Maintain confidentiality
TAKS testing, for 3rd grade, and Gifted and Talented testing, for K-3, are both in the Spring.
Please feel free to visit with me by phone, email, or make an appointment to come in and talk about any concerns you have regarding your child or their education.
- Carla Dees